Books, audio-books, and journal articles not owned by the Collier County Public Library system may be borrowed from other libraries across the state of Florida and the country.
Note that the Library regularly purchases popular fiction and non-fiction in print and audio-book formats. Before initiating an interlibrary loan request, please check the catalog for books and audio-books. For articles, please check our magazine holdings list and electronic databases for full-text articles, or request staff assistance in doing so.
After you have accepted this policy (see below), you will be redirected to your My Account authentication page. You must have a valid Collier County Public Library card and be a member in good standing, to use this service. Upon authentication, you will be taken to the ILL online request form labelled "Florida Electronic Library: WorldCat Basic Search."
1. Search for your intended item using the form on the page. Enter as much information as you can: author, title, ISBN, year of publication. When finished, click Search.
2. The next page presents all matches to your search. Select the most appropriate title for your request by clicking the highlighted title. Note that the best matches also have a large number of holdings for "Libraries Worldwide."
3. On the next page, click the highlighted: "Borrow this item from another library (Interlibrary Loan)."
4. On the next screen, enter your personal information: First Name, Last Name, Telephone, Library Card Number, Pick-up Location (from the dropdown menu), and Not Needed After date, which can routinely be at least two months, unless your seasonal schedule requires a more specific date.
5. If your information is complete, the next page gives you an onscreen message: "Your resource sharing request was sent successfully."
Turnaround time depends on a variety of factors, including availability and lender workflow. Due to the volume of requests received by the Library, you will not receive notice of unfilled requests.
You may receive two notifications of availability of your requested item. The first notification (via Email, or via automated telephone message if telephone is your preferred notification method) indicates that your item has been received in our central ILL facility. Please wait until you have received a phone call from a staff member before you come to the library to pick up your requests.
The following ILL policies must be accepted in order to complete an ILL request:
The Library does not borrow reference, music audio, or videos.
Telephone or written ILL requests cannot be accepted; all transactions are on-line using the request form on our web site. Consult a librarian if assistance is needed.
VALID LIBRARY CARD
Patrons must have a current library card. Seasonal patrons should clearly indicate the date after which requested material is not needed (included on the on-line request form). A user cannot make an ILL request on another users' card.
Patrons are limited to five (5) active requests/outstanding transactions at one time. Submissions in excess of five will be deleted.
Due dates are clearly indicated on the book. Fines and fees policies apply for overdue materials.
All associated paperwork/labels accompanying borrowed material must be retained and returned. Users will incur a $2.50 processing fee per item for which paperwork or labels are not returned.
Renewals of ILL materials must be made in person at the library where the item was checked out, with the book and its associated paperwork, at least two days prior to the due date. Renewals by telephone are not accepted.
Interlibrary loan materials must be returned on time; repeated overdues affect our relations with lending libraries and may result in patron loss of library card privileges.